Enterprises that operate on the same Market may have very different Cultures:
- The circulation of internal information is limited or, quite the reverse, is generalized
- The hierarchy is distant from the field or it is close to its teams
- The executive management is interested in Transformation or in the Operations
- Digital is considered to be a secondary concern, or a vital domain
- We accept or not to take risks
- We look for egalitarianism or to reward the best
- We favor the Customer or the staff
- We spend a lot of time and effort on reporting or we content ourselves with a few information summaries
Even if the Products and
the Processes are
close, the merger can come up against different Cultures and
lead to a rejection from one party or the other. It is not
enough to harmonize the Models,
we also have to adapt the Cultures.
In actual fact, the most efficient way of merging rapidly
consists in defining the organization structure and appointing,
from the outset, the new managers in order to act
It is the best way of setting the teams to work and avoiding that each person goes over, in his/her own corner, the chances that each manager has of being chosen to fill the positions of responsibility.
The story of George the Baker is made available under the terms of the
Creative Commons Attribution - NoDerivatives 4.0 International license.